Monday 16 November 2009

This week in pics! Again.

I really should write more often. I'm often lagging behind by a few entries, and I haven't even completed Malaysian Trip Pt 3 yet and that was months ago (and I'm going to Malaysia again next week)! Actually, I have an excuse for that - I wrote it and everything and it was really long and full of pics and I saved it as draft for further editing and spell-checking, and then somehow LJ deleted it! *sob* I haven't found the strength to rewrite it again.

But I will. And that is for another day. Today though, I just got back from MPH/Top Gear Live not too long ago, so I'm tired even though I haven't done much other than walking around the exhibits taking photos, sitting through the live show and then trying not to fall asleep in the car. And because I'm tired, today's entry won't be about MPH or TGL because I'm too lazy tired to pick through the huge collection of photos and think up something intelligent to write about cars, it will be yet another random series of pics I have taken on my phone and not gotten around posting!

If you really can't wait to see and read about the MPH/TGL stuff though, Boy is writing about it lots and will post it up soon. Go and see. Whilst we're at it, he also has a car e-zine at DrivenMagazine.co.uk because he loves and adores cars so much that I've come to call them his mistresses. Which I personally think is quite apt since cars take quite a lot of maintenance to work well (from a bloke's point-of-view), like most women. For example, money for petrol (wining and dining), money for parts and accessories (buying jewelries, bags, clothes, shoes, etc for a woman), money for general servicing and MOT once a year (anniversary special dinner and presents), and a gorgeous one will always make other guys jealous like hell and they'll all want a ride (ahem). The more expensive/branded fuel (dinner) you buy, like Shell V-Power, can potentially give you a better drive. And sometimes a car won't start for no apparent reason too (headache lah, darling, tonight cannot)!

Anyway, I think I made my point and I shall move on to my pointless pics of the week.

We went to Boy's workplace for dinner the night after he got paid because he gets these 50% off vouchers when he gets paid every month, which is a pretty good deal since it's 50% off the whole meal, food, drinks, dessert, everything. Also because the food there is pretty good, and we sometimes get quite lazy in terms of actually cooking for ourselves.

We ordered our usual, 10oz rib-eye steaks to our desired doneness. For dessert, I have so far gone for something different every time I've come here, and on that particular day, my dessert was this:

Berry Heaven

It's delectable for something that is fat-free. Fat-free frozen yoghurt with summer berries and raspberry sauce drizzled over the top and two of those which I call "love letters". Simple and yummy. Though I only got it because they ran out of cheesecake and I didn't like their chocolate fudge cake - too dry!

The next day, it was my turn to cook, so I made spaghetti bolognese and tried to be healthier by adding random bits of vegetables into the tomato-and-ground-beef sauce, like peas, sweetcorn and green pepper. DO from work suggested adding grated courgettes, but I did not have any on hand to try it.

Tadah! My spaghetti bolognese. Maybe the sauce was a bit too watery.

Yum. But I always like food, so that's not surprising coming from me.

And as you probably already know, I was deliberating on Tuesday whether to go out with Boy's workmates for their work's night out because I was feeling like shit the night before and I was sniffling and snotty-nosed throughout a long day at work, and I also had work the next morning whereas the rest of them did not. But I did go out in the end because I know how Boy doesn't like me being all anti-social and stuff.

I did also made sure I wrap up warm for the night out though, black T-shirt with puffy sleeves and glittery print at the front with a pair of blue jeans and white diamante-studded belt and my black suede boots. Oh, also had a silver glittery scarf with me just to make sure. I don't know how the other girls do it with their short skirts and dresses and their breasts practically falling out. It's so cold out there nowadays!

Getting ready to go out despite feeling under the weather. My eyes look so tired and red! :( And yes, I know I have uneven eyebrows, I don't know how to rectify this though.

That is the only picture you're going to get from that night out with Boy's colleagues because the rest are taken in dark clubs and consists a lot of his workmates getting on top of each other. Yeah.

And then.. guess what? Sometime during the same week (last Thursday), we went to Boy's workplace again for another meal to spend his last 50% off voucher. His reasoning was because they came out with a new menu, so he was curious to try it out. But we ended up going for what we knew and trusted as usual, which is the steak... again.

But they do have a new dessert, so this is what we had!

The Mother of All Sundaes!

It was indeed quite filling, and very fattening, I bet! And because it was a new item on the menu (or rather, a modified version of their previous Ultimate Sundae), no one knew how to make it so someone had to take ten minutes to guess how to put it together. And they forgot the chocolate and toffee sauces that goes over the top!

It was nice though, nevertheless, and they did put in an effort despite not knowing how to do it. :P

No comments: