Tuesday 17 November 2009

So you had a bad day...

Overall today's been a fairly bad day. Came back from MPH to find that we have no hot water whatsoever, exactly like how it was in December last year. Rung letting agency during my lunchtime to let them know and get them to sort out the problem, she says she'll get the engineer to ring us back. Never happened. Rung again at 5.15pm when I got off work, someone else said she will ring around and ring me back immediately to let me know what's going on, and 30 minutes later, still nada. Rung again and again the same stuff. Never heard back and it's 12.42am now.

Let me stress that it's not very nice to be without any hot water whatsoever when it's wintertime and whatever water that's coming out from the tap is freezing cold. And that means no shower either unless Boy and I want to catch a head cold.

I'm not impressed.

What's even more unimpressive is that I checked my credit card statement online today and found out that on November 12th, a certain pub that I shall decline naming has charged my card twice for our dinner. I know what happened too - the first time the transaction went through, the PDQ ran out of paper so the woman working behind the bar decided to put the whole transaction through the second time around after she had replaced the paper roll.

Now, this would be a forgivable error of accidentally "overlooking" if I had not specifically asked her, "Has the first transaction been voided?" and she said, "Yes." before I was willing to put the second transaction through. I work on the tills before and I know that running out of paper does not automatically mean the transaction hasn't gone through, it means you just have to reprint the last receipt, which is the whole reason why I asked. And guess what? It hasn't voided, and I have been charged twice. Does she know how to operate her own machines? No. Is she incompetent? Yes.

I hate people who makes such simple errors and doesn't bother to double check even after being questioned about it. Seriously, do you have a brain or not?

And then I found out that MAS return flights from KLIA to Kuantan will cost us RM936 in total, which is a total joke. It's only a 40-minute flight each way! I'm not rolling in cash, hiring a car is a lot cheaper but we risk getting lost since I don't have a sense of direction and Boy doesn't read Malay or know the general geography of Malaysia. Coach is also a hell lot cheaper but there is no way of booking it online. So here I am, completely stuck on choices and arriving in Malaysia next Monday and I will be completely pissed off, I bet.

Seriously not in the mood right now, and definitely not looking forward to work tomorrow because I've seen what the clinic looks like.

On a brighter note, Boy is popping out for a McD's drive-thru this late at night because he thinks it'll cheer me up if I get a Big Tasty. <3

2 comments:

leelian said...

Have u tried looking at Air Asia? It shud be much cheaper than flying MAS. Tho not as comfortable, but I think given that it is only a 40-minute flight it shouldnt be a problem. :p

pei said...

I did, they don't have KL-Ktn route. :(