Wednesday 18 November 2009

A positive note to follow the last one.

According to National Rail, a return railway ticket for two people from Lincoln to Heathrow Airport on 22nd November 2009 and 1st December 2009 will cost set you back anything between £294 to £354 if you want an anytime return ticket. But if you know what train you want to be on and book in advance, you get them cheaper. If you're fairly flexible with your time schedule, you can get the cheapest fare. And this, according to the website, is £115. And it also meant we had to wait 2.5 hours in Heathrow Airport because the discounted price means we cannot travel during "peak periods".

However, if you have railcards, that gets it down to £75.90. However, if you're Pei and slightly insane and ridiculously meticulous, you get it for £67.50 and you somehow find a way to reduce the waiting time down to 1.5 hours. I could've just reduce that down to half an hour waiting time and travel during peak time (before 9am) for the same price, but I wanted to make sure we a) manage to get our check-in luggage; and b) in case of any delays. I don't fancy worrying about missing my train, and I also don't fancy running all around Heathrow Airport in a panic looking for the Underground station with my sense of direction. 1.5 hours ensure we're covered for most delays and collection of check-in luggage, and if we are early, we could always go and get breakfast whilst we wait for the train without getting too bored.

Go me! Well chuffed. :)

Whilst we're talking about travel, I don't have to worry about overpriced MAS flights anymore. Brother #2 and parents found out about the insane prices (from my Facebook, where else?) and have decided that one of them are going to come and collect us from the airport after all. <3 This is completely smashing Boy's dream of hiring a car and doing a roadtrip in Malaysia, but I'm playing it safe just in case we can't hire one after all due to his age and my inexperience (not that they would know I haven't driven in 4 or 5 years!)

The other upside is that we might actually have our boiler sorted tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

No comments: